Add me on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram! Subscribe to RSS Subscribe via Email
JC Ang  /  Sunday, August 02, 2015  /  No comments
For a lot of obvious reasons, Pixar remains to be the undisputed king of the animation world and no other animation studio comes close to even a glimpse of what Pixar has delivered and accomplished these past years.
Pixar has brought us ground breaking consistency with all their solid storytelling, relatable characters and exceptional art styles. In light of the upcoming Philippine release of Pixar and Disney's Inside Out, I thought of looking back at all of their masterpieces and make a list of my personal top 5.Now, I love all Pixar films, even their shorts are top-notch! So believe you me, I had a long debate with myself on which films should be in my list and why limit it to just 5. Pfft!5. FINDING NEMO

Finding Nemo brings a great story of becoming a better individual while on the verge of growing up. 

It's a rewarding adventure to see this feature. As with all the Pixar films, Finding Nemo is visually amazing! The scenes, surroundings, effects and all the elements were rendered beautifully. 

Just keep on swimmin'...

4. WALL-E
Once again Pixar has upped the game by taking audiences to a great sci-fi feature.

Pixar's great attention to detail is seen in this take of an abandoned, garbage and scrap-filled earth. I felt that the movie has delivered an important message just by observing the setting of the story and this was received through an almost dialogue-less film!

It's a romantic and entertaining movie that will make you actually think. Just goes to show that even robots can touch our hearts.

3. UP

Pure imagination runs wild on this one as the elderly, Carl, after losing his wife, decided to tie up thousands of balloons to his house and flies away to fulfill their dreams of settling up their lives at Paradise Falls.

The first time I went to see this, I absolutely had no idea of what the feature will be about. I thought it was just about a flying house! Alas! Just through the first 8 to 10 minutes of the film and you'd know that this one is bound to be an epic adventure.

2. The Incredibles

One word. SUPERHEROES!

The Incredibles is an example of a perfect family film! It's a hilarious and heart-touching superhero feature. I can't stress how much I loved this film that I consider it as one of my favourite superhero movies.

You just can't go wrong with this!

1. TOY STORY TRILOGY

All right, I know I'm cheating a bit on this one but dang it, I so love the Toy Story films!

Toy Story has set the bars too high during its time. The first time I saw this, I knew that I'd be watching this over and over again til God knows when. And boy, what a delight that it got 2 more sequels!

The perfect trilogy gave us all kinds of emotions. It made us laughed, scared, cried and everything in between. Pixar has provided a special bond of sort between the franchise and the fans with their Toy Story films.

Personally, I think that the series is a nostalgic experience, not just for the kids but for the adults as well. It brings out the child in all of us.

And there we have it! Over the years, Pixar has managed to capture our hearts through their movies and their newest addition is no different.

Be sure to watch Inside Out once it gets released. Do watch it on the big screen. I managed to catch a special preview screening (thanks, Disney and Columbia Pictures Philippines!), and it was so fun that I plan on seeing it again! What a tearjerker it was so be prepared!

Speaking of seeing the movie again, astig.ph and modworldproduction.com are hosting a promo for their block screening of Inside Out at SM Megamall. Free tickets are up for grabs so be sure to check out thieir giveaway page at http://astig.ph/inside-out-giveaway. Man, I sure hope to be part of that screening and I got my fingers crossed for those tickets! Hah!

Well phew! This wasn't an easy list to make but I managed through it. Hah! Soo, what are your favourite Pixar films?

Ciao!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search