Add me on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram! Subscribe to RSS Subscribe via Email
JC Ang  /  Monday, October 05, 2015  /  No comments

Comic book fans gathered at the Elements Centris, Quezon City over the weekend to partake in the 1st Filipino Komiks Market, KOMIKET.


The P50 entrance fee comes with the guide/catalog of what to expect inside. They have a couple of lists for publishers, writers and artists of books available at the event.
Inside, you'll be attracted to the ambiance, filled with joy and creativity. Everything here is all about arts and literature. 
Aside from comic books, there were also a stall selling these novels.
Some of the Komiket merchs!
The most notable highlight of Komiket was definitely the launch of  Arnold Arre's new graphic novel, HALINA FILIPINA. I read this in one seating and I'm highly urging everyone to give this a try.
Arnold was there to sign copies and chat with the fans. It was really great having a bit of small talk with him and his wife, Cynthia (also a very talented artist!).

my signed copy!
KOMIKET was really filled with creativity! Even a lot of known artists were there among the crowd just walking around from stall to stall to check out new titles and to meet fresh creators present at the event.

I bumped into Budjette Tan, creator of the hit series, TRESE. He was all smiles while walking-a-dandy around the venue. Sayang, I didn't bring my copies of his works but this photo with him is just as much as good as having signed books.
Manix Abrera, most notably know for his Kikomachine Komix series, was also there tirelessly signing books and having photo sessions with the fans. I eagerly lined up and waited for my turn.
I also bought a shirt from his area. There were three designs and I opted for the same one that he was wearing, Haha! #Rakenrol
I met a lot of new friends here. Some of the artists that I talked to were very kind enough to even spare a few minutes of their time to do a quick sketch on my notebook project.

Aaron Felizmenio (left) was one of them. I met him during Batman Day last week and promised to do a sketch for me at Komiket. :)
Among others, I also met Freely Abrigo, JC Fabul, Jovenal Mendoza and Allen Geneta, hanging out at the #TDKPH booth.

I didn't want to disturb them doing their sketches on my notebook sooo..puro stolen lang! I swear I'll have my selfies with you guys at Komikon next month! Haha!
Freely Abrigo
JC Fabul
Jovenal Mendoza
Allen Geneta
I haven't photographed their creations as of yet but here's one from JC Fabul. I'll have a separate post for my notebook soon to showcase the first entries I gathered at Komiket.
I also took home one of JC's Batman print for my collection. 
And another one from a friend and Flipgeeks' Norby Ela.
Here's my hauls in its entirety. 
KOMIKET was really a blast and I'm glad that I decided to pay a visit. This is such a welcoming addition to the events that promotes local artworks and publications. I really hoped to buy more of the indie books there but I only have a minimal budget at the time. Lesson learned! Phew!

Next stop will be the much bigger annual Komikon this November 14-15. Be sure to drop by and indulge yourselves with local greatness!
I'm aiming to get more entries for my notebook sketches and eyeing out on some local comic book goodness here!

JANG DOE SIGNING OFF! CIAO!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search